Beautiful Beaded Bud Vase
Turn a little glass vase into a glitzy hanging garden perfect for springtime blooms.
Glass vase with lip, 5” tall.
Copper wire, 16-gauge, one 24” length and one 28” length (available at home improvement stores).
Copper wire, 26-gauge, one 10” length and two 6” lengths.
Turquoise E beads, 56.
Lime green, round 6mm glass beads, 35.
Turquoise, top-drilled 8mm glass beads, 13.
White shirt button.
Tools & Supplies
Clear Liquid Nails Adhesive.
As seen in
Crafts 'n Things
WHAT TO DO
1. Start at one end of the 24” length of 16-gauge copper wire and wrap the wire once around the neck of the vase. Then twist a loop in the wire. Continue wrapping to the other side of the vase and twist another loop. Then finish wrapping the wire around the neck. Twist the ends of the wire together tightly to secure. Trim the ends with the wire snips.
2. To make the hanger, gently curve the 28” length of 16-gauge copper wire into a U-shape. Feed the ends of the wire down through the two loops on the neck of the vase. Curve the ends into spirals using the round-nose pliers.
3. Using the 10” length of 26-gauge wire, string 1 turquoise top-drilled bead followed by 3 lime beads, repeating the pattern to create a necklace that fits around the neck of the vase. Wrap the necklace around the neck of the vase beneath the copper wire. Twist the ends together to secure and trim with the wire snips.
4. Hold the two 6” lengths of 26-gauge wire together and bend into a hairpin U-shape. Feed the ends all the way through two buttonholes of the shirt button.
5. To create a beaded “tassel,” string 14 turquoise E beads onto one wire coming out of the button and finish by feeding the end of the wire through 2 lime beads and a turquoise, top-drilled bead. Twist the end of the wire around the top of the turquoise bead. Repeat to create 4 dangles. Glue the flat side of the wired button to the bottom of the vase with the Liquid Nails Adhesive.
Crafty Shopping Tip
Craft stores carry small vases in all shapes and styles, often for as little as a dollar. It doesn’t matter what shape vase you choose as long as it has a lip to keep the wire from slipping off the neck. (Your wire measurements and bead counts may vary due to the size and shape of your vase.)